Dear Members and Parents/Guardians,
Firstly, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe, and you are all finding innovative ways to keep everyone entertained. The people on TV lately juggling toilet rolls like footballs were pretty cool. I wish I had those skills when I was younger !!
We have had a few enquiries regarding the likelihood of a football season getting underway at some stage in 2020. Obviously, the final decision on this rests with the government but I do know that NZF/AFF have been planning for a number of scenarios , dependent on when the lockdown is discontinued. The general feeling is that the football season may extend into Sept. and even Oct., but time will tell.
In the meantime, the issue of refunds for various fee based activities at the Club becomes a point of discussion.
At this stage, the Club remains in an uncertain situation as to the length and timing of any competition structures in 2020. However, it has already paid significant fee sums to NZF/AFF prior to the lockdown, as well as expended monies in the Jan-March period on both people and gear/equipment in anticipation of a season start.
So, your Executive Committee has determined the following (some of which has already been communicated to you in previous emails):
I trust you can understand that the Club needs to wait until the Covid-19 lockdown is released before making a final decision on a definitive refund policy. Obviously, any substantial lack of subscription revenue to the Club puts its ongoing sustainability into severe question, something that your Executive committee is acutely aware of.
In the meantime, stay safe and look after each other.
Hopefully, football is not too far away for us all.
Mark B Weipers